Put up your hand if you like granola bars for a snack with great staying power! I love a good granola bar but find that there are so many strange ingredients in the store bought ones. So enter my homemade anyway you like them bars!
11/2 cups Large flake oats
11/2 cups Quinoa or Spelt flakes (You might be able to use oats again but I haven’t tried)
1 Cup mashed very ripe banana
1/4 Cup egg white (about 2)
1/4 Cup pumpking
1/3 Cup coco powder
3 Tbs Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla
any mix ins you like and as much as you want (raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, coconut….)
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spray or line a baking sheet.
- Place two logs of dough on a cookie sheet and flatten with your hands (about 4″ wide by 12″ long and 1″ thick). You could even flatten them into individual cookie shapes if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 12 min or until firm. Do not over bake!
- Once done take out of oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5min
- Slice into individual bars and cool on a cookies sheet.
These keep in the fridge for a week for freeze for a month. They would also be really good with peanut butter mixed into the batter!