I think it’s time to start again. Begin fresh. But until then…
I have some more exploring to do.
Well Wednesday is officially winding down. I hope the fist half of the week has been enjoyable for everyone. Mine has been busy and cold… so nothing really new there. Since it is Wednesday and I have a phone full of food photos I may as well join in on the fun going on over at Peas and Crayons and contribute to WIAW. This will be my second week of a wheat free WIAW and that means I have also made it over a week without wheat and you know what? I don’t even miss it!!
Thanks so much Jenn for hosting 🙂
Breakfast: Before hopping on the bike to head into work I devoured half of a perfectly ripe grapefruit. For some reason I usually only have them hanging around on weekends, I think that this will have to change.
Once I peddled my little legs to work I checked emails did some work and then dived into coffee and overnight oats with apple and PB on top. That mug is my new favourite 🙂
After my usual work through the morning I broke for snack one of a banana, not pictured but I am sure you know what the look like 😉
Real Snack 1 I was getting pretty hungry and had a lunchtime workout planned so I put together a yogurt/ricotta bowl with blueberries, strawberries, and granola. I also had a hot cup of tea. I am pretty sure I munched my way through a couple of Merry’s crackers and some almonds as well.
My workout consisted of 20min on the treadmill all while trying in vain to get my netfix to work. Unfortunately the internet just didn’t want to cooperate. After my warm up I completed the 30min Be Explosive NTC workout. It kicked my butt and my arms felt slightly broken.
By the time I got back to work I was getting Hangry.
Lunch: A massive salad filled with nuts, cheese, humus, and avocado. It actually filled me up for about a minute before I went back for some more crackers and humus.
Work, work, work,..
Snack 2 Apple, more crackers and humus (they are too good), and a couple jube jubes. I know you know what an apple looks like but here it is anyway 🙂
I left work and met John so that we could peddle home together into the sunset…. ya, movie material right there.
By the time we got home I was ready to eat anything that got in my way.
Dinner: A stir fry filled with veggies and shrimp over rice noodles. I already know that I will be snacking tonight and may have already had a rice cake topped with PB.
After dinner I quickly headed to the library to pick up The Wheat Belly Cookbook. I am exited to see what it has in store. On the way home Bruno Mars came on the radio and I almost drove off the road in my panic to change the station. Bruno, you almost killed me!
Have a great night everyone and I hope the rest of the week is a good one!
1) Is there any music artist you can’t stand?
2) Do you have a favourite plate/bowl/mug etc?
OOOOOOO it’s the third day of the third month! To think that if I was actually on the ball and got this post (I just wrote pot haha… small things amuse small minds) up earlier I wouldn’t have noticed that 😀 There’s method to the madness.
How was everyone’s weekend? Get up to anything much? Mine was okay for not being able to get outside much. Got some errands run on Saturday morning, met up with friends Saturday afternoon, and then headed to my parents for dinner Saturday night. On Sunday I managed to hit the gym for some running, biking, and 8 minute abs. This was followed by some cleaning, dinner prep (slow cooker chicken and barley stew) which was so fast thanks to Iowa Girl Eats, and making some mall returns.
So I thought it would be fun to participate in MIMM by finding marvellous solutions to problems. Thanks to Katie, as always, for hosting this link up!
Saturday’s ridiculous temperature waking up
It kind of looks like my breakfast can fly… or at least hover.
Had some hangry moments
Just a breakfast larger than my plate
Sunday’s temperature… yes ambient temperature is better but windchill worse 😦
Hot tea in my new mug from Market Collective!
Yup… I solved all of my problems with food 😀 and I think that is just marvellous!
One of my last thoughts of the day
1) did you have any problems that you solved this weekend?
2) What was the best thing you did this weekend?
Wow, two posts in a row! That’s pretty good for me these days :S I have kind of been pushing my life to get a little busier these days, busy with friends and getting out more. And I have to be honest that I am quite enjoying it. So how are you doing? How has your week been? I am so happy that it’s Thursday because that means the last business casual day until casual Friday 😀 Well I feel like today is a good day to link up with Amanda and all the other bloggers and participate in…
1) I have really been enjoying getting out more on weeknights. I have finally gotten over my “it’s too cold to go out” mentality. I was starting to feel house bound and needed to DO SOMETHING! So on Saturday we met up with some friends for a couple of beers and then headed over to the Loose Moose Theatre for a night of improve. We really had a blast and I think another comedy night should be in our future. On Monday John and I went out with friends to (FINALLY) see the lone soldier. Oh my goodness, what an emotional movie. If you haven’t seen it you really should. I have to admit that the book, in my opinion, was better but that is usually how it goes.
2) I am currently writing at 8:15 on Wednesday night after doing a quick grocery shop. I really needed to pick up some snack foods that didn’t include wheat. I found some things but I am already REALLY missing my nightly bowl of cereal. I am going to have to make some granola this weekend to satisfy my cereal and milk tooth.
3) I don’t know if I can make a whole month without wheat… these past two days have actually been really tough. I hope it get’s better however with that being said my parents want to go out for an Italian dinner next weekend. I am thinking I might have to give in for one night as I can’t pass up fresh pasta. That is basically a sin.
4) I have finished the only two seasons of Downton Abby on Netflix. Season 3 isn’t out until June… cruel cruel fait. This is really sad and means I have to find another show to get into. My lovely friend tells me Suits is a great show so that may be on the list. Life is so tough!
5) It got up to 3oC today 🙂 it’s supposed to be a high of -22oC on the weekend 😦 WHY OH WHY IS THE GOOD WEATHER DURING THE WEEK!?
6) I am going for another massage today and this time they are going to try a hip release. I felt so much better after getting my muscles worked on last week so I hope this fixes the last little niggles.
7) I had my first, albiet short, run on Tuesday and I felt on top of the world! I felt a little pain on Wednesday morning so I am going to lay off running anymore until the weekend. If all goes well I am hoping to sign up for the Calgary Half Marathon again in May. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!
8) I can’t stop on odd numbers…. now I have writers block… well this counts as 8!
Have a great Thursday!
1) What are some social activities you like to do during the week?
2) Are you hooked on any shows at the moment?
I am back! Sorry about disappearing again, life just got so busy and busy in a good way. What could be better than jumping back in for another WIAW eats from Tuesday 🙂 thanks to Jenn as always for hosting.
Well the day stared off frrrrreeeeeezzzzzing once again but john and I decided to brave the cold and peddle ourselves down to work. My tose nearly fell off… This meant that when I got to work a hot beverage was needed STAT! Enter coffee number one that was quickly followed by my hot oatmeal I prepared before work.
I have been craving cooked oats much more than overnight oats these last few days. I am putting it down to the cold weather.
Oh and before I get too far into this post I should mention that I am trying to go wheat free (not gluten free) for one month starting yesterday. Why? Because I read Wheat Belly and wanted to see if I am addicted to wheat. If I don’t notice any AMAZING benefits you can bet my first breakfast will be a bagel! Please note that I have a good relationship with food. If you are battling with food issues, please do not start to cut things out of your diet unless instructed to do so by a doctor.
The afternoon had me munching on everything from chocolate to oranges to veggies with a sampling of dips including humus and artichoke dip ! I remembered in the nick of time to grab one picture of my last nibble of chocolate.
By the time we rode home we were both more than ready for dinner of bass, barley, and roasted veggies! I was snacking the hole time I was making this on almonds and some rice crackers.
You can bet your bottom dollar there will be some snacking going on this evening too 😉 (turned out to be frozen blueberries)
Take care everyone!
1) have you ever tried to give up a food or addiction?
2) do you have any near freezing experiences?
Life's too short to be anything but healthy
Living a Life Fueled by Healthy Food and Fitness
Runner, Beach Bum, and Professional Cupcake Eater
eat more, not less
Learning to Eat with Food Allergies in a Processed World
A college student explores the world through health and fitness
Life Requires a Sense of Humor!
Just another WordPress.com site
Her pencil chatter will amount to something.
Finding a Balanced and Healthy Lifestyle
Dream big. Work hard. Stay focused. Surround yourself with good people.
Running and Laughing through the Garden State
Covering Atlanta far better than MARTA
Documenting my life as a (soon to be) wife